Welcome, GFCU Savings members
We're so glad you're here!
Grand Forks Credit Union officially joined the Gulf & Fraser credit union family on January 1, 2023. We'll refer to you as GFCU Savings, a trade name of Gulf and Fraser Fishermen's Credit Union.
What to expect now that you've joined Gulf & Fraser
Effective January 1, 2023:
- You have access to Gulf & Fraser's competitive rates.
- You have extended call centre hours, available Monday to Friday, 7am to 7pm and 8am to 4pm Saturdays.
- You can continue to use your GFCU debit card and GFCU cheques as usual.
- You can do your banking at your GFCU Savings branch or visit any Gulf & Fraser branch in the Lower Mainland to get your basic questions answered.
Our goal is that your banking experience will only get better over time. Once we complete the work to integrate our banking systems mid-year, you will have access to the same products and services that Gulf & Fraser members enjoy.
Since there’s a lot of work to do in bringing our two credit unions together, we ask for your patience and understanding as we continue our journey towards becoming better together — ensuring our credit union is here for our communities for generations to come.
Your experience is our top priority. We will make sure to let you know of any upcoming changes or upgrades before they happen, so bookmark this page!
To learn more about products and benefits that will become available to you in 2023, check out these pages:
Changes you'll see in February
- Statements - A small change you'll notice in February will be on your monthly account statement. You'll see that we'll refer to your new name, GFCU Savings. Then, in July, your statements will be rebranded to Gulf & Fraser. We'll remind you closer to that date.
- GFCU Savings Member newsletter - you can expect your newsletter in your email inbox as usual in mid-February. This will include a special update from former CEO, Becky Clements.
Enhanced security for your banking – two-factor verification is coming March 9 to GFCU online banking and the app. See the GFCU website for more information.
You're invited to our Annual General Meeting in April
In March you'll receive an invitation to join the Gulf & Fraser Annual General Meeting on April 18, 2023 to get an update on the credit union financial results and achievements in 2022, as well as a glimpse into our plans for 2023. You can attend in person in New Westminster, BC, or online.
We’re holding an election for Gulf & Fraser Board of Directors from March 13 - 31 and you’ll have an opportunity to vote on future decision makers for our credit union. Personal members will recieve an email with a link to vote online and business members will receive a paper ballot in the mail.
More information on how to RSVP to the AGM will be shared on our AGM page soon.
We want to hear from you!
Please send us your feedback, thoughts, or questions through this member survey.