Gulf & Fraser is committed to ensuring our online services are accessible to all. The information below suggests how you can obtain the best experience on our website and explains what we have done to make this website accessible.
Adjust your computer's settings for a better experience
You can improve your online experience by customizing your computer's settings to meet your individual needs. For example, you can increase the size of all fonts or change the colour scheme.
Keep your browser updated
We recommend you keep your browsers up to date. Newer browsers tend to provide more display options to make content accessible, and may work better with assistive technologies. We recommend you view this website in Google Chrome. For more information on which browsers we support, visit our Browser Requirements page.
How we have made our website accessible
We have created our website in accordance with the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. These guidelines are best practices for creating websites that are accessible to all users.
Some of the ways we achieve online accessibility include:
- Helping visually-impaired users to navigate the site effectively with a screen reading aid. For example, creating structured headings that provide an overview of the site which lets users jump quickly to desired sections.
- Building web pages that can be presented in different ways without losing information, so the layout can change to horizontal or vertical, or other format.
- Ensuring that our content is distinguishable. For example, we do not rely only on the use of colour to organize or distinguish information, indicate an action, or prompt the user for a response.
- Providing a way to control audio volume on any media we post on the website.
- Ensuring that we use contrast in our visual presentation, so that text does not become hidden within an image, with the exception of images that are strictly for decoration.
- Providing a way for the user to enlarge the text up to 200 percent without the loss of content or functionality.
- Ensuring that all functionality on our website can be controlled by a keyboard and that users can easily navigate our website.
Contact us if you have trouble using our website
If you experience difficulties in accessing any content or functionality on our website, please contact us. We are always open to making improvements to provide the best possible online experience for our visitors.